Will cockroaches go away in the winter in Charlotte NC? Nope, sorry. Cockroaches love warm, moist areas, so winter is an ideal time for homeowners to take the time to cockroach-proof their homes and, in turn, help reduce illness and potential household allergy triggers for themselves and their families.
Cockroaches have been linked to some of the worst illnesses around, including plague and salmonella. As they root around in dumpsters and sewers, germs and bacteria stick to their bodies, making it easy for them to transmit these pathogens. Cockroaches are also known to fuel allergy symptoms, especially in children, through the allergens found in their saliva and droppings.
When roaches enter warm structures, where there is plenty of food and water, they can remain active in the winter months. To help prevent cockroaches from moving in, we recommend that you take note of the following cockroach prevention tips:
- Keep the home – especially the kitchen and bathrooms – free of crumbs and debris.
- Disinfect counters and food surfaces.
- Do not let dirty dishes pile up in the sink – the food leftovers attract cockroaches looking to feed.
- Take out trash frequently, and store it in a sealed receptacle.
- Transfer open boxed food items from cardboard into sturdy, sealed containers.
- Keep pet food in a sealed container and wash pet bowls frequently.
- Vacuum at least once a week using a vacuum with a HEPA filter.
- Dust hard surfaces frequently with a dust rag or damp cloth.
- Maintain the humidity level in the house at about 50 percent.
Will cockroaches go away in the winter in Charlotte NC? Nope, sorry, they won’t. So, be sure to keep your home as clean as possible to avoid a nasty roach infestation. If they do find their way into your home, contact us HERE. We can help!
Would you like more information about cockroaches? Click HERE.Tags: bugs, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, clear defense, cleardefense, cockroaches, Columbia, Durham, exterminate, exterminator, Greensboro, Greer, infestation, insects, Kansas City, Knoxville, Nashville, pest control, pests, Raleigh, Richmond, Winston Salem