Is pest control worth it? When you first see little critters skittering about, you might be tempted to go to your local hardware store to buy some sprays or traps to take on the problem yourself. However, hiring a pest-control professional will save you time, money, and effort in the long run… and be more effective. And that’s a good thing!
For small armies of pests, you may be able to treat the invasion yourself. However, if those aggressive little critters get a foothold on your property, they can be incredibly difficult to control without professional know-how, equipment and products. It can happen fast!
Paying for professional pest-management services might cost more than doing it yourself—at least at first. Nonetheless, if you don’t take care of the attackers quickly, things can go boom into a full-blown, nasty invasion and occupation by the bug troops. You could end up spending more on DIY treatment than by using professional services and suffer much more aggravation in the meantime.
Is pest control worth it? A well-trained professional pest-control technician will know how to treat your current problem and will be able to help you prevent future pest issues. You won’t have to worry about applying and reapplying the appropriate pesticides, checking and emptying traps, removing nests, and de-webbing saving you time and energy. Additionally, a professional who can take care of the problem quickly will greatly reduce the likelihood of your home or belongings sustaining any damage from pests.
We recommend implementing these tips to keep those pesky critters at bay:
• Seal cracks and crevices around your home using a silicone-based caulk.
• Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
• Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly so that water flows away from your home’s foundation.
• Keep trees and shrubbery trimmed away from the home.
• Wipe down counter tops and sweep floors regularly to remove crumbs and residue from spills.
• Store food in sealed containers and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
• Routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture and repair any leaky pipes.
• Dispose of garbage on a regular basis.
• Keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food or water around them promptly.
• Store dry pet food in a sealed plastic container rather than the paper bags they often come in.
Is pest control worth it? Yes it is! We can help control those pesky little fellas before they do more damage to your property. Please contact ClearDefense Pest Control HERE.
HERE are some more helpful ideas about pest-proofing your home.Tags: ant control, ants, Baton Rouge, bugs, camel crickets, carpet beetles, centipedes, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, clear defense, cleardefense, cleardefense pest control, cockroaches, Columbia, Durham, earwigs, exterminate, exterminator, fire ants, German cockroaches, Greensboro, Greer, house mouse, Huntsville, infestation, insects, Kansas City, Knoxville, male mosquito, mice, mosquito hawk, mosquitoes, mouse, Nashville, odorous house ants, pantry pests, pest control, pest proof, pests, Raleigh, Raleigh Durham, rat, rats, Richmond, termites, velvet ant, Winston Salem, wolf spider